Sunday, July 8, 2007

It's Bigger Than Us

In case you needed another example, though I doubt you do, I had a very interesting interaction at church that I thought I would share with you. I had very little time this week to work on the actual order of service for Sunday and to be honest, I wasn't really that excited about it as it was more of a mix of some of the older songs. However, after church, one of the women in the region came up and asked who put together the song service. I braced myself for criticism...heh. She then went on to tell me that the song we opened with and closed with were the 2 songs she always remembers as they were played at her son's funeral - which happened 14 years ago this week. She had never heard them both together in the same service but was shocked/moved to hear them both today...God is so much bigger than us.

No comments: